There are gifts available for all the family on the RSPCA online shop and Christmas catalogue and animal lovers can shop guilt-free knowing their money is going towards helping animals in need.
Every year, the RSPCA rescues more than 100,000 animals and relies on its kind supporters to help them continue to rescue and rehabilitate animals who have been neglected or cruelly treated. So why not treat an animal lover (or animal!) to a very pawsome Christmas with these great gift ideas!
For the kids
• For kids who love a board game, try this game of life, with an eco-twist! The Good Life board game teaches the whole family self-sufficiency as the aim of the game is to use a wheelbarrow to move around the board collecting and trading fruit, vegetables, and chickens. The winner is the first to fill their garden and allotment to become 100% self-sufficient. Priced at £29.99.
• For the budding astronauts in the family, this builds your own space station kit is bound to be a favourite. Assemble the plastic blocks to build a space rocket, satellite and moon buggy. Priced at £11.99.
• The Build your own Floral Bunny is a great gift for the kids and something for parents and children to create together. The kit comes with a bunny body, stuffing, plastic needle, thread and the instructions to create your child’s new best friend from scratch. Priced at £11.99.
• The Scholastic set of RSPCA rescue books is the perfect gift for any animal-loving bookworm. Each book tells a heartwarming story based on a real RSPCA rescue and helps real-life animals too! Available from Scholastic and Amazon.
• The kids will love going back to school in the new year with this puppy themed handy tote bag with aluminium lining and zip fastening to keep their lunch fresh and cool. The Barney Lunch Bag is priced at £5 – and a matching water bottle is also available.
For the adults
• This could be the start of a new hobby or even a new career with this Candlemaking Craft Kit. This lovely kit contains all the materials needed to create a colourful selection of traditional and floating candles. Priced at £19.49.
• The pretty bird planter is perfect for small plants, indoors or in the garden, and is priced at £21.99.
• For the green-fingered family member, the Build a Bee Hotel Kit will make the perfect gift. The kit makes it easy to create a home for solitary bees and other insects, and is fascinating to watch! It contains a wooden kit with glue, instructions and a spotter sheet to learn all about bees. Priced at £11.99.
• Why not treat a dog lover to this Dachshund garden bench which is sure to be a talking point. The beautiful and striking black resin bench will be great fun for the kids too. Priced at £179.99.
• For any eco-conscious yoga lovers, the Liforme Zodiac Animal Yoga Mats are the perfect gift for yoga enthusiasts and animal lovers as the company donated £5,000 of sales to help support the RSPCA. Priced at £115.
• Based on the amazing stories featured in Channel 5’s Dog Rescuers, this heartbreaking and heartwarming book tells the stories of the passionate and dedicated RSPCA inspectors and the dogs they’ve rescued. Priced at £12.99 from Waterstones, and other book retailers.
For the pets
• We all know exercise is important for our pooches but mental stimulation is just as important so this Brain Game for Dogs was created for dog owners to develop calmness, confidence and connection with their fluffy friend. The beautifully illustrated pack of 52 activity cards comes with a booklet for guidance on each activity and is bound to keep your dog’s tail wagging! Priced at £19.99.
• From a rubber ball, chew toys, bowls, leads and plush toys – there are plenty of everyday essentials and special gifts available online.
• Buying an RSPCA Charity Gift in memory of your pet or as an add-on to your Christmas list this year is a fantastic way to support the RSPCA’s vital work helping animals in need. This is also the perfect pressie for any animal fan who will love knowing that their gift has helped to keep a needy cat or dog safe, warm and fed in RSPCA care.
The RSPCA has also joined up with Teemill, a sustainable T-shirt company, to release an eco clothing line for animal lovers.
The range includes T-shirts, long sleeve tops, hoodies and tote bags for men, women and kids, with the pocket cat or dog designs to classic mottos such as ‘Adopt Don’t Shop’, ‘Wild for Wildlife’ and ‘I Love Dogs’.
All the items are made from certified organic cotton, renewable energy and use plastic-free packaging making the clothes eco-friendly and good for the planet.
A proportion of all sales also goes towards helping the RSPCA’s vital work rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming animals in desperate need of care. To buy visit RSPCA